Hi guys! It’s summer. Time of vacations, but we’re at work. Let’s have some fun! We’re pretty sure that you receive tons of emails from prospectors on a daily basis. Some of them you read and find valuable. While others remain unread and go to the trash bin of your mailbox. It heavily depends on the subject line, to be honest.
As buyers become increasingly demanding copywriters do their best to create a subject line that stands out. It’s really hard to capture the attention in the era of informational abundance. Some of the subject lines reach your heart, but some… Well, they’re strange and thus hilarious, to say the least. Let’s take a look:
Sometimes you try hard to write a perfect hook question but:
1. You get too viral:
What is your spirit animal?
2. Outsmart yourself:
3. Speaking of “smart”:
Knock-knock! Who’s there?
4. Something goes terribly wrong with the CRM:
5. You’re too obsessed with Professor James Moriarty:
6. You try to rock like it’s 1981, but it’s actually 2018:
7. Ctrl+C didn’t work:
8. When you experience stress and it suddenly bursts into your work:
Did you cry last night as I did?
BTW, handling stress and rejection is the inalienable part of an SDR’s daily routine:
9. One of the late stages of despair looks pretty much like this:
RE: Why don’t you like me?
10. Time for some strange confessions:
11. When you desperately need an appointment:
Please don’t bounce!
12. Not all the Fridays are awesome, sometimes you’re way behind your goal:
13. Sometimes you simply fail to let go:
Re: that is my last email!
Re:Re: that is my last email… oops I did it again
Re: There is no second chance
14. But eventually you give up:
We’re all just humans, and we do mistakes.
15. Hello from Eastern Europe:
At times SDRs are just a bit too late with the outreach:
16. When you found an unread letter:
17. May fourth be with you, or maybe fifth:
More often than not, attempts to be original sound:
18. Too frank:
19. Too pushy:
You’re doing it wrong! Don’t do it anymore!
Last time wasn’t good
I can explain
Just don’t get too scary like the guys who sent these messages:
27. Speaking of the boundaries:
And last, but not least is the total writer’s block:
Hope you had fun! Would you open an email with such strange headlines? Share your opinion in the comments!