Is there a way to find out what the future holds for us? Maybe not in everyday life; however, there is a way to get a glimpse into the future of lead generation, thanks to statistics.
Statistics are as crucial as influencers or thought leaders because they get to speak for the whole industry, define trends, and point out the challenges.
Although, it may be difficult to find fresh B2B lead generation statistics from a reputable source. That’s why we’ve gathered 42 stats from the last couple of years that can help you plan your strategies for the year 2022.
General Lead Generation Statistics
- The top priority for the next 12 months for most marketers (40%) is to generate more leads. (Hubspot, 2021)
- B2B companies with mature lead generation processes enjoy 133% more revenue than average companies. (Intellistart, 2021)
- Generating more quality leads is a priority goal for 79% of marketers worldwide. This is followed by attracting more traffic to the website (75%), improving brand reputation (57%), and enhancing customer engagement and loyalty (47%). (Semrush, 2020)
- According to a report from Hubspot, 61% of marketers consider generating traffic and leads to be their biggest challenge.
- Over a third (34%) of respondents say prospecting and lead qualification is salespeople's biggest challenge. (Pipedrive, 2020)
- Reaching prospects is a huge challenge for marketers, as it takes an average of 18 calls to connect with them. (Gartner, 2019)
- 80% of people prefer to buy from brands whose actions align with their values. (KPMG, 2020)
- 85% of marketers believe that consumers expect a personalized experience. (Evergage, 2019)
- Nurturing leads can increase sales by 50%. (Writer’s Block Live, 2020)
Сontent Lead Generation Statistics
- B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads than those who don’t. (Demand Metric, 2019)
- 80% of B2B companies use content marketing for lead generation. (G2, 2020)
- B2B blogs with educational content get 52% more organic traffic than B2B blogs with company-focused content. (Backlinko, 2021)
- Only 38% of B2B company blogs publish content to educate their audience. (Backlinko, 2021)
- Blogs (86%), case studies (42%), and customer success stories (36%) are the most popular content formats. (G2, 2020)
- 51% of companies say updating old content has proven the most efficient tactic for their content marketing strategy. (G2, 2020)
- Over 15% of marketers said that lead generation is used as a metric for measuring the success of their content marketing strategy. (HubSpot, 2020)
Social Media Lead Generation Statistics
- 66% of marketers use social media to generate leads. (G2, 2020)
- Increased exposure, increased traffic, and generated leads are among the top reasons why marketers see value in employing social networks in their campaigns. (Statista, 2021)
- 95% of B2B marketers used LinkedIn in 2020, making it the top B2B social media channel. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- 85.7% of marketers increased their social media activity when the pandemic began. (Statista, 2021)
- 33% of B2B decision makers use LinkedIn to research purchases (HootSuite, 2020)
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform, used by 94% of B2B and B2C marketers. (Statista, 2021)
- Worldwide openness to engage with social ads increased due to the pandemic. (Statista, 2020)
- Instagram is the social channel with the second-highest ROI among marketers. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Approximately 90% of people follow a business page on Instagram. (Instagram, 2019)
- 67% of marketers worldwide say they’ll increase Instagram use in the future. (Statista, 2021)
Email Lead Generation Statistics
- 50% of B2B marketers say email is the most effective channel for lead generation, followed closely by search engine optimization. (Statista, 2019)
- 53% of marketers say email has been the most effective channel for early-stage lead generation. (Demand Gen Report, 2021)
- Less than 20% of marketers utilize subscriber segmentation in their email marketing tactics, with nearly 30% preferring to focus on personalization instead. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Message personalization is the number one tactic used by email marketers to improve performance. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Friday is typically the day with the highest click-through rate potential, at 2.7%. (Campaign Monitor, 2021)
- Companies that A/B test every email see email marketing returns 37% higher than those of brands that never include A/B tests. (Litmus, 2019)
Lead Generation Tools Statistics
- 75% of businesses currently use marketing automation tools. (Social Media Today, 2019)
- Despite shrinking overall marketing budgets, 26.6% of CMOs say they’ll increase their budget for marketing technology such as automation tools. (Gartner, 2021)
- 85% of B2B companies use email marketing software to distribute and manage their content. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- Most marketers use more than five marketing tools daily. (Welcome Software, 2020)
Digital Lead Generation Statistics
- Podcasts now reach over 100 million Americans every month. (Edison Research, 2020)
- 86% of marketers increased brand awareness by using one or more digital marketing channels. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- The first five seconds of page-load time have the highest impact on conversion rates. Website conversion rates drop by an average of 4.42% with each additional second of load time. (Portent, 2019)
- In a survey conducted by Databox, 70% of respondents said that SEO is better than PPC for generating sales. (Databox, 2019)
- About 64% of marketers actively invest time in search engine optimization (SEO). (HubSpot, 2020)
- More than half (53%) of marketers say webinars are the top-of-the-funnel format that generates the most high-quality leads. (Demand Gen Report, 2021)
Be a Lead Gen Trend Setter
Some things don’t change: Email is still on top of its game, personalization is essential, and prospecting is still a challenge. However, by the amount of research done on social media, digital, and content marketing, you can see the trendsetters that require your attention.
Perhaps implement segmentation for your email campaigns? Or create a podcast to promote thought leadership? Should you adopt video production as a part of your content strategy? Or build your social media team?
Whatever innovation you choose, use these lead generation statistics to help your business move forward in 2022.